How do I prevent an ACL inury?
- Pre-practice and pre-game dynamic warm-up routines
- Must perform at least 3X/week for 6 weeks to be effective (although sports medicine professionals would recommend before every practice and every game)
- Work with a sports certified specialist to gain strength in core and hip musculature
What does program look like?
- Proper dynamic warm-up routines include:
- Gentle warm-up exercises
- Dynamic stretching
- It should only take 10-15 minutes to perform
- Check out this online link for an example of an ACL prevention warm-up routine (brought to you by the INSTITUTE FOR ATHLETIC MEDICINE:
- Here is another online link for the PEP Program (Prevention of Injury and Enhance Performance)
Why should I do a dynamic warm-up?
· Studies have shown up to 85% reduction of injury when properly using these dynamic warm-up routines!